Presented in a hardback digibook, complete with a 24-page booklet, this limited edition 2-CD album set features the album lyrics, photographs taken by Nicky Wire and a bonus CD containing the original demos for the entire album.
‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’ is the 14th studio album from Manic Street Preachers. It is both reflection and reaction; a record that gazes in isolation across a cluttered room, fogged by often painful memories, to focus on an open window framing a gleaming vista of land melting into sea and endless sky.
Musically, ‘The Ultra Vivid Lament’ is inspired by a formative years record box (ABBA, post-Eno Roxy, the Bunnymen, Fables-era REM, Lodger) though the end result could only be the unique union of James Dean Bradfield, Nicky Wire and Sean Moore, collectively one of the UK’s most consistently brilliant rock’n’roll bands for over three decades.
- Still Snowing in Sapporo
- The Secret He Had Missed (Feat. Julia Cumming)
- Quest for Ancient Colour
- Don’t Let the Night Divide Us
- Complicated illusions
- Into the Waves of Love
- Blank Diary Entry (Feat. Mark Lanegan)
- Happy Bored Alone
- Still Snowing in Sapporo (Demo)
- Orwellian (Demo)
- The Secret He Had Missed (Demo)
- Quest for Ancient Colour (Demo)
- Don’t Let The Night Divide Us (Nicky Wire Home Demo)
- Don’t Let The Night Divide Us (Demo)
- Diapause (Demo)
- Complicated Illusions (Nicky Wire Home Demo)
- Complicated Illusions (Demo)
- Into The Waves of Love (Demo)
- Blank Diary Entry (Demo)
- Happy Bored Alone (Demo)
- Afterending (Demo)